What is CORE 10?
- CORE stands for Clinical Outcomes in Routine Evaluation
- CORE 10 is one assessment in several different CORE assessments
- This is a brief assessment comprising of 10 items aims to explore general symptoms of distress including anxiety, depression and associated aspects of life and social functioning that might indicate levels of distress
- It is a self-report and should not take the place of a formal diagnosis
Why are we focusing on CORE 10?
- The CORE assessment suite is well validated globally and translated into several languages.
- CORE 10 is a comprehensive assessment covering a wider range of items that corelate with distress
- CORE 10 allows us to make the invisible work of counselling visible and contributes towards a return-on investment calculation
- CORE also links with a good triage, risk assessment and assists in planning goals thereby improving our overall clinical quality.